- Additional information
Note: due to the bulk and complexity of grinder packages, lead time for delivery is approximately 1 – 2 weeks.
Designed around the original Shopmate 48 chassis, the Shopmate 60 was born of a need to mount larger contact wheels and platens. Capable of running contact wheels from 1/4” to 14” mounted on quick-change tooling mounts. This grinder is ideally suited for knife makers and general workshop duties. Manufactured right here in Australia, support a local home grown business.
*Optional pedestal stand not included.
- 2×60” belt length
- 1.5hp 2 pole motor with 4” drive wheel
- TECO variable speed VFD wired and programmed and ready to run
- 0-4500 surface feet per minute belt speed
- 7” platen backing
- 7 way rotating platen
- Slack belt
- 2”, 3” and 5” contact wheels
- Rubber coated wheels for smooth performance and great belt traction
- Flat plane belt tracking for accurate belt alignment
- Fully welded frame
- 3 arm slots
- Fixed work rest
- Platen arm also accepts small wheels
- Protective spark guard
- Flips from vertical to horizontal with optional floor or bench stand
- Made in Australia
- Shopmate 60 grinder body, tooling arm with four way universal platen and contact wheel attachment. Allows easy conversion between flat platen, 2” contact wheels, 3” contact wheels and slack belt
- Fixed tool rest
- Powerful 1.5 Hp Motor and seperate TECO variable speed drive wired and programmed
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the difference in diameter between the small wheel attachments and the drive wheel of the grinder care must be taken not to run the wheels at speeds higher than 1/4 speed of the VFD. Heat build up in the bearing will cause the adhesive to fail and separate the rubber from the shaft.
|Dimensions||64 × 54 × 21 cm|