G10 Tube short description
- Additional information
One sheet of Crucible Stainless Steel CPM 3V measuring 6.9 x 50 x 914 mm.
Developed and made by Crucible Industry’s, CPM 3V is a high alloy tool steel with extreme toughness, edge retention, high wear and stain resistance making it great for hard use outdoors knives, folders, and kitchen knives requiring fine edge holding.
Suitable steel for experienced knifemakers with its ease to be machined, making it great for use with a CNC machine.
Note: CPM 3Vsteel comes annealed (soft).
Recommended Heat Treatment
- Seal blade in double crimped high-temperature stainless steel tool wrap
- Preheat to 850°C, hold for 5 minutes
- Austenitise at 1080°C for 30 minutes
- Plate quench
- Cold treatment; domestic freezer, dry ice slurry, liquid nitrogen – the colder the better
- Temper at 200°C for 2 hours, twice
Recommended working hardness 58 – 61 HRC
6.9 x 50 x 914 mm.
Keep shopping: CPM/Crucible Stainless Steel Steel »
|Dimensions||30 × 3 × 3 cm|